USPS Updates for October, Nov and Dec 2021

USPS Updates for October, November, and December 2021

As of October 1st, 2021, USPS has imposed new service standards and pricing for the holiday season through the end of December 2021. 

Please see below for the new standards, highlights, and a few dates to remember for this holiday season:

The planned price changes include the following services:

Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, Parcel Select Ground and USPS Retail Ground

  • $0.75 increase for PM and PME Flat Rate Boxes and Envelopes.
  • $0.25 increase for Zones 1-4, 0-10 lbs.
  • $0.75 increase for Zones 5-9, 0-10 lbs.
  • $1.50 increase for Zones 1-4, 11-20 lbs.
  • $3.00 increase for Zones 5-9, 11-20lbs.
  • $2.50 increase for Zones 1-4, 21-70 lbs.
  • $5.00 increase for Zones 5-9, 21-70 lbs.
  • First-class package service (smaller, lightweight parcels): The Postal Service says 32% of packages will now be delivered in four to five days, with the longest distances having the longest timetable (such as between South Carolina and California). The remainder (68% of packages) will still be delivered in two to three days. 
  • Customers can still use Priority Mail Express and Priority Mail services with a one- to three-day standard to ship letters, larger envelopes or packages within the contiguous United States. However, if you plan to use regular first-class mail or package service, the service recommends that you plan ahead and send your mail early in order for it to reach its destination on time. 


Below are the Shipping Dates for the below categories. To see on the USPS website, CLICK HERE!

2021 Holiday Shipping Dates for Contiguous U.S. (Lower 48 States)

Recommended send-by dates for expected delivery before December 25

2021 Holiday Shipping Dates for International Mail

Recommended send-by dates for expected delivery before December 25 

Destination First-Class Package International Service® Priority Mail International® Service Priority Mail Express International® Service Global Express Guaranteed® Service3
Africa Nov. 29 Nov. 29 Dec. 6 Dec. 20
Asia/Pacific Rim Dec. 6 Dec. 6 Dec. 13 Dec. 20
Australia/New Zealand Dec. 6 Dec. 6 Dec. 13 Dec. 20
Canada Dec. 6 Dec. 6 Dec. 13 Dec. 22
Caribbean Dec. 6 Dec. 6 Dec. 13 Dec. 21
Central & South America Nov. 29 Nov. 29 Dec. 6 Dec. 20
Europe Dec. 6 Dec. 6 Dec. 13 Dec. 21
Mexico Dec. 6 Dec. 6 Dec. 13 Dec. 22
Middle East Dec. 6 Dec. 6 Dec. 13 Dec. 20
Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us