How to create an RMA aka Return Merchandise Authorization
An RMA is an acronym that stands for Return Merchandise Authorization. It's the first part of the process of returning a product to receive a refund, replacement, etc.
In ShipHero, RMAs are created by and within the original order that was sent to the customer.
Here are the steps to create:
- On app.shiphero.com, navigate to Orders > Manage Orders.
- Click on the order you want to return to open the order page.
- While on the individual order page, click 'Return Order' in the 'Actions' section
- After clicking the 'Return Order' button, a new page appears displaying the return order. Select the checkbox next to the product(s) you wish to return (above image details this step)
- Choose the quantity to return by typing in the number, select the return reason and the return type from the respective dropdown menus.
- Optional: Input a note in the 'Notes' section if applicable. This will appear on the Returns > All Returns page in the 'Internal Notes' column which can be exported.
- Review 'Customer Information' section. This data is pulled from the original order.
- Review the' Shipping Info' section. Adjust the 'Weight' if applicable and select the 'Return Label Type'.
- Choose the Shipping Carrier and Method for the return label.
- In 'Return Options' area, select the warehouse you wish the product to be returned to and click 'Generate RMA.'
- Optional: Input a reason for return if applicable. Select the 'Do not email customer return label' if desired. By default, the return label is emailed to the customer email address inputted in the 'Customer Info' section.